Saturday, July 23, 2005

Life's Little Ironies

I pause to reflect upon my life's journey these past five years. Five years ago I didn't want anything to do with a computer. I viewed it as a simple tool - one necessary for the completion of my job; I needed it for writing reports. I had no interest or desire to surf the web, learn about RAM and processor speeds, or applications. I was an archaeologist not a computer tech. Then there's today - five years later - where I sit at my computer typing another post for Planet Shortbread. I regularly check my website for linking issues, and post new creative endeavors on Zazzle. I actually look for ways to link my sites to others, for what? - exposure and site ranking. Pardon me while I stop and blink a few times. Blogging, site ranking, linking - all part of my vocabulary - now.

I have come to realize that the path we seek isn't the one we always walk. Now, if you'll excuse me, I must trudge along.