Friday, August 05, 2005

Lessons Learned


Driving about town assisting my partner watering plants and cleaning houses - I will NOT do that again - all the things I've learned in the past year and six months of residence within the northern region of Florida occurred to me. I have learned that something will be blooming no matter what month it is. "Winter" lasts for two days to a week, large, glorious blooms can occur on trees; hurricanes can affect areas other than the coastal areas shown on the nightly news; I now know the full meaning of sultry - it isn't mere hot and humid - it is an experience worth avoiding; mold takes particular delight with things obtained in desert regions; insects never die - they simply breed continuously and seek your flesh for feasting; one does not carry an ice scraper - you keep a squeegee on hand, and when driving through a torrential downpour - you turn on your hazard lights and plow right through it.

Reporting from the scrotal region of Florida, this has been Dawn Frost, Eeyore, and Cat-in-the-Hat for Planet Shortbread Blog.