Thursday, October 13, 2005

The Blogosphere and the Spam Invasion

Spam - the internet version of junk mail - sounds as disgusting as it's canned-meat namesake. And, like it's snail-mail counterpart, I toss, or in this case, delete without a glance. I abhor these invasive attempts to invade my privacy in order to "tempt" me with stuff I don't want. If I wanted it, I'd seek it out, "let my fingers do the walking" through the yellow pages, but no, there it is tucked suggestively within and around legitimate mail...beckoning...please...please...please open me and take me seriously! With a snarl, I cleave the unwanted portions of my mail and feed the File 13 monster...it never goes hungry at my house. And, now, the blogosphere along with my E-mail account, have been victimized by these same sorry fools, intent on inconveniencing everyone else's life in cyberspace. Does Planet Shortbread actually discuss stuffed toys? No. So, why did I receive three E-mails mentioning this subject? Spam.

I, like other Bloggers, use the E-mail link so that readers can voice their comments - complimentary or not - to me and other readers. I enjoy discussing - note that's discussing which involves the act of listening and respecting opinions of others - and debating topics.

This has been Dawn Frost, Eeyore, and Cat-in-the-Hat protesting from the soap box of Planet Shortbread Blog.