Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Criticize Away, Cheney Says It's A-Okay!

Yesterday I heard the news - Dick Cheney said that it was okay for Americans to question and even to criticize the war in Iraq. Thank heavens! I was losing valuable hours of sleep wondering when the FBI would burst into my home and lead me away citing the Patriot Act while accusing me of being a possible terrorist threat to the White House. Now, thanks to Mr. Cheney, I can come out of the criticism closet and tell all exactly what I think.

But then again, who the heck does he think he is? Is he the king? God perhaps? Which country does he actually think he lives in? A dictatorship perhaps? I always thought that I was residing in the supposedly democratic nation called the United States of America. And, I mistakenly thought that Freedom of Speech was protected under a certain document called the Constitution. A flimsy piece of paper, my ancestors actually fought Britain for.

I'm sorry for the rambling, I understand completely - Mr. Cheney doesn't know how to read and cares little for history.