Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The package said, "Pure Turkey". I couldn't help but smile as I closely examined the 16 oz package of ground turkey. A treat given to my cats and dog every morning as part of the breakfast routine. Pure Turkey. This little advertising tidbit begs the question, what is Impure Turkey. I should find out so I am a more informed consumer. What type of impurities are added to Impure Turkey? Would that include hormones and food a turkey isn't likely to eat naturally? Or, does that include artificial colors, preservatives, and dyes? Does Pure Turkey mean that none of the bones, beak, and gristle were ground up, or, is that considered Pure Turkey since, technically, these parts were actually part of the living bird? I am so confused. Just when I thought I finally got a handle on All Natural products with their naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, and extracts. Cyanide is also All Natural, however, I think cyanide is one to avoid. Advertisers can be so misleading! Perhaps they should run for office.